Visit this URL
Location: Lab 1, CSIT block basement (in case of a change we will inform you)
Date: October 28, 2017
Time Slots: 10:00 – 11:00 am, 12:00 – 1:00 pm and 2:00 – 3:00 pm ( you can choose your slot on a first come first served basis)
Note : There is no pass/fail in this Online Test. Every student will receive a certificate from TI on participation and Winners will receive TI Launchpad Kits.
The platforms on which the test will be held are:
- LIC- Analog (Linear Intergrated Circuits)
- WEBENCH (suggested as it is easy and interesting!)
Students can also refer to the sample question papers and preparatory exercises made available on WEBENCH tab portal along with webinar series: visit www.ti.com/ti-webinar-series
DrishTI is an initiative by Texas Instruments (TI) India University Program to complement the curriculum based learning with application oriented concepts relevant to the Industry. Through this initiative we aim to bridge the gap between classroom learning and industry relevant skills. DrishTI features a webinar series on analog and embedded technologies from industry experts followed an online contest every week where students can test their learning, improve their knowledge and win exciting prizes.
DrishTI enables students to build upon their classroom learning, strengthen their concepts and apply them to various application areas. The learning resources and contests are customized for a diverse range of technology which increase in level from basics to application based learning. Students get to learn various concepts from the vast educational resources provided by TI tailored for academia. This will ensure that students learn progressively and become industry ready for a successful career.
- Competitive advantage to learn, analyze and apply your skills at your convenience
- Develop the technical skills required to excel in Industry
- Explore the state-of-the-art technology from Texas Instruments
Please find below the Registration and booking slot process that needs to be followed for DrishTI Online test:
· Students needs to go to the registration page to register for the first time. URL –
· After filling the details successfully, an email will be sent to the email address
entered at the time of registration.
· This email will have Username and Password. Students needs to enter this login
credential on – http://drishti.online/
· If a student forgets the password, they can refer to “forgot password option”.
· Once the student has registered and activated the account, they will now be able to
book the respective slot allocated by the college.
· They need to login to profile (if they are not logged in) and then click on reserve slot.
· All the students need to book the slot well in advance before the test time, at least 3-4 hours before taking the online test, we recommend booking the slot a day before.
· Once the slot is booked it can’t be changed.
· “Take Test” button will become activated exactly at the time for which the slot was
Users also need to make sure that they register to MyTI portal before they take test. It is a one-time mandatory step for taking online contest. For answering few queries users need to access myTI portal.
Link to myTI – https://www.ti.com/myti/docs/homepage.tsp?sectionId=710
· Please ensure that you have entered the full name of your college.
· After email validation the student needs to go to his/her myTI profile page and select
occupation as student and enter his/her graduation date.
· Important: Be a part of the webinar series: visit www.ti.com/ti-webinar-series
Students who register for the above test please send an email confirming your test slot to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of any queries, please contact Deepak Pandey at 9997756323.
All The students of 3 and 5 sem BDA are required to complete 1 project from their respective semester list. Other than this you can opt the project from CS list. You will get extra credit for more projects you will complete.
For 3rd Sem
1. This project uses the one of the most simplest and easiet of data set in the field of bigdata. This dataset is known as the Iris dataset and available at https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Iris This is perhaps the best known database to be found in the pattern recognition literature. This was given by Fisher way back in 1936 and is a classic in the field and is referenced frequently to this day. The data set contains 3 classes of 50 instances each, where each class refers to a type of iris plant. One class is linearly separable from the other 2; the latter are NOT linearly separable from each other.
Your task: Predict the class ( Iris Setosa, Iris Versicolour or Iris Virginica) based on the available attributes. Divide the training and testing dataset in 70:30 or 75:25 ratio.
2. This project uses a popular dataset known as the Titanic Dataset in the field of Bigdata. This dataset is available at https://www.kaggle.com/c/titanic/data (You need to create an account in kaggle to download this dataset. Eventually every student of Bigdata should have an account in kaggle to work with real life Data science problems).
Your task: Predict whether a passenger is likely to survive or not based on the given attributes
For 5th Sem
1. In this project students are required to perform analytics on the Complete FIFA 2017 Player dataset. This dataset is available at https://www.kaggle.com/artimous/complete-fifa-2017-player-dataset-global (You would require to have an account in kaggle to download this dataset). Total seven analytics are required to be performed, 5 are listed below and 2 have to decided by the students themselves.
(i) Analytics on the best goal scores
(ii) Analytics on on-field behaviours of the players
(iii) Analytics of the best attributes of the players of a particular continents (for example say European players are better dribblers, African players have better stamina etc)
(iv) Analytics on what attributes the different club prefers
(v) Analytics on contract period
2. In this project students are required to perform analytics on the World Bank Projects & Operations dataset. This dataset is available at https://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/projects-portfolio
World Bank Projects & Operations provides access to basic information on all of the World Bank’s lending projects from 1947 to the present. The dataset includes basic information such as the project title, task manager, country, project id, sector, themes, commitment amount, product line, procurement notices, contract awards, and financing. It also provides links to publicly disclosed online documents. Total six analytics are required to be performed, 5 are listed below and 1 has to decided by the students themselves.
(i) Analytics on which continents are getting maximum benefits
(ii) Analytics on the sectors
(iii) Analytics on the individual countries of a particular continent
(iv) Analytics on the gradual change of sectors over the years (for example whether agriculture was more prominent in 1950s than in recent years etc)
(v) Analytics on development status of a continent based on projects (you can ponder over questions like if world bank is providing more projects does it indicate that area is less developed? Does developed continents require world bank projects? Does the project numbers have gone down over the years to indicate more self sufficiency? etc)
3. This project aims to identify the species of a bird from an given image. The dataset to be used in this project is available publicly at http://www.vision.caltech.edu/visipedia/CUB-200-2011.html All the attributes that will be used are visual types like color of specific part of the bird, shape of a specific part etc. The dataset should be divided in 70:30 ratio for training and testing. Students would be likely to use more than one training methods to achieve better training-testing accuracy. Python or R are suggested for implementation.
NOTICE This is to inform you that students of Graphic Era University are organising a 24 hours competitive programming contest on CodeChef Platform. This contest shall be judge by ACM-ICPC style ranking and TOP 3 students on the leaderboard shall be awarded 250 CodeChef Laddus each. CodeChef goodies can be redeemed using these laddus on https://goodies.codechef.com/goodies/ Contest Link : https://www.codechef.com/UNO2017 Start date and time : 11th October 2017 at 7 P.M. End date and time : 12th October 2017 at 7 P.M. Contest is open for all the students of Graphic Era University. Note: Please make sure that organisation name on CodeChef should be Graphic Era University.