Elective Choices for 3rd Semester CSE(Core)
The 3rd Semester CSE-Core Students are hereby notified to give their preferences for choice of Elective by filling the following form. Please note that elective choice is applicable only for Core Students, for the CST, CE, and AI&DS students the Elective track is fixed.
Please choose the Elective after considering your technical interests and proficiency. Talk to your Coordinator or any faculty member if you need help in choosing the Elective. Once chosen, the choice cannot be changed under any circumstances.
If you do not fill the Elective choice by the due date, you will be allotted an Elective by the Department based on operational factors and no representation will be entertained. So, ensure that you fill your choices.
An Elective will be offered only if a minimum of 60 students choose a subject (the Department may lower the minimum requirement based on circumstances, but it is not guaranteed). It is henceforth essential that you give all choices in order of preference. You will be allotted your first preference if it is offered based on enough number of students choosing it, if not offered you will be allotted your second preference and so on.
The Last Date of giving your choice is 5 PM of Monday, 30 August 2021.
Provide your elective choice in the following link:
Notice: Last Date of Major Project Abstract Submission for 7th Sem students
The students of 7th semester have already been directed to submit details and abstracts about their final year major project vide previous notice (https://csitgeu.in/wp/2021/07/29/final-year-major-project-initiation-for-7th-semester-students-2/ ) . The last date of submission was 20th August, 2021. Most of the students have already submitted their details, but few students have not submitted yet.
All remaining students are hereby informed that they have to compulsorily submit their details and abstracts latest by 5PM of Wednesday, 25th August, 2021. A penalty of 10 marks will be imposed for all students who have missed the first deadline of 20th August, 2021. Any student who does not submit the details and abstract by the extended due date of 25th August, 2021 will summarily be marked ABSENT in the Major Project Phase-I of 7th semester.
Notice: Last Date of Mini Project Registration for 5th Sem students
The students of 5th semester have already been directed to register their miniproject topics vide previous notice (https://csitgeu.in/wp/2021/08/17/notice-5th-semester-mini-project-registration/ ). Most of the students have already registered their topics, but few students have not registered yet.
All students are hereby informed that they have to compulsorily register their topics latest by 5PM of Wednesday, 25thAugust. Any student who does not register his/her topic by the due date will be marked ABSENT in the mini project of 5th semester.
Notice: 5th Semester Mini Project Registration
All 5th semester students were previously notified regarding their mini projects vide notice: https://csitgeu.in/wp/2021/08/11/notice-5th-semester-mini-project-topics/
The students are now required to register their mini projects using the following link. As already mentioned, there is a maximum cap on the number of students who can opt for a single topic. The registration link is:
Default id, password – student, student
Use the following video to understand the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CgJR0gYJYE
Ensure that you use only your University Roll No correctly, do not use Admission No or Registration number.
Notice: Schedule of Supplementary Lab and Mini Project Exams
The Supplementary Lab Exams and Mini Project evaluation will held as per the following schedule. Only the students who have filled the supplementary exam forms are eligible to appear for the same.
- The name of the concerned faculty members is given along with the schedule. The students may contact the concerned faculty member for queries.
- The lab exams will be conducted through exam portal (exam.geu.ac.in) for the write up part. Subsequently viva will be held online which will be instructed by the concerned faculty member. Viva will be taken by External Experts.
- The mini project evaluation will be held online. Students will have to demonstrate their project during the evaluation. They have to keep their code and report ready for question answering by the experts. Links for the evaluation will be shared by the concerned faculty members.
|CBNST Lab PMA402||16-Aug-21||Ms. Akansha Gupta|
|Data Structures Lab PIT402||17-Aug-21||Mr. Upendra Aswal|
|Hadoop Fundamentals Lab PCS432||18-Aug-21||Mr. Vijay Singh|
|Java Programming Lab PCS408||20-Aug-21||Mr. Sanjeev Kukreti|
|Microprocessors Lab PCS403||17-Aug-21||Mr Hemant Pokhriya|
|Mini Project CSP401||21-Aug-21||Mr. Saurabh Mishra and Mr. Ankit Tomar|
|Mini Project ITP401|
|Python Programming Lab PCS434||18-Aug-21||Mr. Ashwani Kumar|
|Python Programming Lab PIT407|
|Virtualization and Cloud Computing Lab PCS451||16-Aug-21||Mr. Sachin Sharma|
|Compiler Design Lab PCS601||17-Aug-21||Mr. Ankit Tomar|
|Mini Project CSP601||21-Aug-21||Mr. Vikas Tomar and Mr. Ankit Gupta|
Notice: Industrial Trainings for selected students of 5th and 7th Sem CSE(Core) students
To reward the students excelling in studies, the Department is pleased to facilitate Industrial Training for selected students of BTech CSE(Core) 5th Sem and 7th Sem students. The selection is based on their academic performance. The trainings will be offered by our Industry partners. The list of selected students can be found here:
The following trainings are being offered:
For 5th Sem students: RHCSA (After training based on performances few top students will be eligible for appearing for Professional certification exam free of cost)
For 7th Sem Students: Machine Learning and Object Detection using YOLO
Since the University is incurring finances for the training it is imperative that the students attend the trainings faithfully. To ensure that only the highly motivated students attend the training, each student from the selected list who is desirous to attend the training should fill a consent form. Filling the consent from implies that the student confirms full attendance of all the training sessions. If the student who has consented for the training fails to fulfill the same there will be penalty in terms of financials. The consent form is to be filled using the following link:
Start Date : 21 Aug 2021 (Every Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Notice: 5th Semester Mini Project Topics
The students of 5th semester can view the topics of Mini Project along with Resource Faculty person name in this link Click Here
Few rules and regulations have been changed, so read the following carefully:
Rules and Regulations regarding mini project:
- Mini projects are to be done individually.
- Each student will need to register their topic on which they will work by next week. The mode of registration will be informed. The list is provided one week in advance so that students can decide their working area as well as consult the concerned faculty members for guidance.
- There will be a cap of 10 for each topic, i.e., one topic can be selected by maximum 10 students. This option will be enabled in the topic registration portal. Once a topic attains the limit, the topic will automatically get removed from the portal. The allocation will thus happen in First come first serve basis. Students are hence advised to register the topics as soon as the portal is open.
- Students will be required to maintain their work progress in a public repository like github. During the time of evaluation the progression of the students throughout the semester will be evaluated.