Final Year Major Project Initiation for 7th Semester Students
The Final Year Students currently in 7th Semester are to initiate their final year major project. While the final year project is a core essential part of your BTech degree, it is also highly valued for future career, since it supports students engaging in realistic activities which reinforce their understanding of the discipline, and draws on skills acquired in different modules throughout their degree.
- Choose a topic which where you will apply knowledge and skills you have gained from the courses taught and the skills you have gained through internships, self-study etc. Students are expected to apply good practice they have already learned during previous semesters, as well as learning any new technologies and other material which may be necessary to progress their work.
- Try to choose a topic which will be a great value addition to your career.
- Each student will work under a supervisor, who would normally be from the Computer Science Department, but supervisors from other departments or premier institutes/Industry are acceptable on case-to-case basis (see point no 7). Broad areas in which Department Supervisors will offer guidance is enlisted in the following list: https://csitgeu.in/wp/spe.pdf
- Students of IBM specialization are advised to consult their course coordinator before finalizing their projects. These students can have a supervisor/co-supervisor from IBM.
- Talk with your supervisor to choose topics that solve real world problems, society problems, technical problems and topics that aims to handle current and future industry trends
- A Final year project must have a major implementation part, either in code or hardware or both. It cannot be a completely theoretical topic.
- There are three “deliverables” in 7th semester— an initial formal title and abstract of their project (by 20th August, 2021), a midterm review of preparations done, and a complete Design Document after End-Term Exams of 7th semester
- In continuation, there will be two “deliverables” in the 8th semester: a progress report/presentation at around Feb 2022, and a final demonstration with complete project and report submission, viva at the end of 8th semester.
- The Department also encourages Inter-disciplinary, Inter-University, Industry-collaborative projects.
For Inter-Disciplinary Projects (for example Biotechnology-Computer Science, Electronics-Computer Science etc.) you can have two or more supervisors from all the concerned Departments
For Inter-University projects you can have supervisors from GEHU or from Premiere Institutes (IITs , NITs and IIITs only). A co-supervisor from the Department can be taken.
For Industry Collaborative Projects you can have supervisors from Prominent Industries (Major organizations only like Oracle, Amazon etc). A co-supervisor from the Department can be taken.
For all Inter-Disciplinary, Inter-University and Industry-Collaborative projects you need to take prior permission.
- Projects can be done individually or in groups. Maximum four students are allowed in a group.
- Please fill up the initial details and abstract in the given link by 20th August, 2021. For group projects please ensure that only one of you is submitting, DONOT submit multiple entries. Link: https://forms.gle/vK96J4YvM9BngxYCA